When releasing an animal, you must follow the conditions:
- The animal category or continent must be appropriate for the conservation project card.
- The size must be available and match with the size of the animal. (You can't release a 4-sized animal for size 3.)
- You lose the appeal of the animal and nothing else (you keep CP/Reputation/etc.).
- You must choose the smallest occupied enclosure that the animal can fits in and flip it if it is a standard enclosure. (Even if you put your 1-sized animal in an enclosure of 5)
- The animal is discarded face down.
- (Also Animals that are flocked with the released animal have no effect on release and remain in your zoo as is.)